Background

Sunday, June 7, 2015

June 1st - Tucson Summer Take #2

I forgot how hot it gets here!  I am getting flashbacks to last year and wondering how I survived haha! Over 100 every  day this week and it wasn't even June yet. We are in trouble!  BUT the blessings will be worth it! 

On Sunday morning we were told by a member of the passing of L. Tom Perry. He has been my favorite apostle for several years and that absolutely broke my heart but I am glad to hear that he is no longer in pain. I will always remember his happy attitude, big smile, and enthusiasm for whatever thing he may be teaching about. I want to share my favorite quote by him:

“One of the greatest weaknesses in most of us is our lack of faith in ourselves. One of our common failings is to depreciate our tremendous worth.”   L. Tom Perry

Jesus Peralta (our old Branch Mission Leader) was set apart on Tuesday night and left Wednesday morning.  As I hit a year this past week it really made me reflect on last year when at that same time I was going through the same thing. I am so grateful for this amazing past year that I've already been able to experience as a missionary! I have grown so much spiritually, emotionally, and even physically!! I took some before and after pictures and the difference is weird haha. I thought I was already pretty old when I left. I got even older. Oh! And I completed my goal to catch up on journaling before my year mark!! Success! I am so happy that I was able to do that! Now to hit that stack of letters. I may never get to those haha. Soon.....ish.

I don't have too much to say, it has been a really mellow week. Tucson just kinda dies when it gets really hot. A lot of people came to church again on Sunday! I feel like every week there is a whole new group of people haha. The work is growing so much and it is awesome!  Dimas got his interview done and he is good for his baptism on the 13th as is Arandeny! We are hoping to get Ashley's interview done either this week or the first part of next week. Melissa is still on track to also get baptized on the 20th :) so excited for all of them!

Yes, transfers are next week. I feel like I just got to El Rio, yet I've already been here for nearly 4 months. Crazy! We never know, but it is like 99% sure that I will be going. The Zone Leaders want to me stay in the zone and we are thinking I'll likely be going to Los Reales with Hermana Anderson which would be so much fun! She came out with Hermana Adams. We shall see! One of the members here, Eric Robles, works at a sign shop and made me a goodbye present!  See picture, it is so cool! (she wasn't able to get pictures to send - maybe next week)   I hope that it survives following me around the mission for the next while haha. I will likely leave it with the Medina family and then when we come by in December we can pick it up haha. 

We got our iPads this morning and I started doing my emailing on it but it is kind of difficult haha. I am not an apple person but we shall see! Just so you know I will be able to get emails throughout the week (aka - so for when certain large white envelopes (her sister's mission call) come in the mail I will be expecting a video) but I just cannot respond until Mondays. So that will be a big change! That way I can spend more time on Mondays responding than reading. So don't worry about long emails to me, they are approved! Haha!

What else...I don't really have that much to say. Oh! The Gastelum family let me burn a shirt at their house for my 1 Year Birthday on the mission. Normally it is halfway but in October they are going to change it so sisters can serve 2 years (yeah, she's still dreaming of that change!  Ha ha) so I'm just planning ahead. Yay!!! That would be fantastic.
Love you all! Talk to you next Tuesday, we'll see where I end up!


Hermana Martin

Since Sierra wasn't able to send any photos this week I grabbed a few random ones from the SD cards she sent home this week.


Looks like she found her street.


Hiking fun!


Having fun with superhero murals.


With Hermana Adams at the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment