Background

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 15th - First week in Willcox!

This has been the most crazy week that I've had in a very very long time! Coming here on Tuesday with only the keys to the truck and an address for where we live now was kind of daunting! We found the ward and branch directory but in the end that is all we had. So, we began at square one!

In my interview with President last month he told me how I need to make sure I trust more in Jesus Christ and not in my own ability to do missionary work. That advice has been ringing in my ear all week. I have been trying to give it 110% and because of that we have seen so many miracles! We have 5 new investigators (started with none) and we were able to have 19 lessons this past week even with no lessons having happened last Monday or Tuesday because we had just moved in. I am seriously so excited to see what the future holds! We received 13 referrals and are hoping to contact the rest this week! Because of constantly working we have 4 potential families that we are visiting this week!

One story I'd like to share! We decided to go and get a map so we could get a bigger picture of our area. We went to the information center to get a map and ended up looking at some postcards there. Side comment mentioned before: my companion Hermana Garcia is from El Salvador. She still doesn't speak very much English aka we are speaking in Spanish all the time. NOW I feel like I know Spanish after this week haha! Okay back to the story. We were talking for a while and when we were getting the maps the girl at the desk said that she is so amazed by my Spanish and wondered how I learned. I told her about being missionaries and that I was able to learn on the mission! Well her whole family is from Mexico and she also speaks Spanish! She agreed to let us come over tonight to teach her and her family! We are super excited!

Arandeny and Dimas were baptized up in Tucson this past Saturday. I kept thinking about them as 4 o'clock rolled around and I wasn't able to be there. I felt really sad but at the same time so beyond excited for them and the decision they made to be baptized :) I love those families so much and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for them!

Laurel's mission call was such a surprise this past week :)  State-side Spanish. She is so beyond smart and I am so happy that she is going to get to use her amazing Spanish skills. It will probably be a bit different though because Laurel knows Mexican Spanish and there will be mostly Cubans and Puertoricans there in Alabama. Hermana Garcia and I sometimes have a hard time understanding each other because our Spanish is just so different. It has been fun though haha!

Oh man, what else. Things are great. I am trying to give my all and we have been able to see miracles because of it. The ward and branch seem very excited to have sister missionaries for the first time in nearly 20 years. We feel like celebrities haha. 

Love you! Miss you! Talk to you next week! And I'll try to take more pictures this week...sorry. I've been busy! Love you!


Hermana Martin

Burning a shirt for her one-year mark.


Sierra and her new companion, Hermana Garcia


Sierra's first time holding a frog.  
The sister she lives with sent this to me in an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment