Background

Thursday, January 1, 2015

December 29th - My Awesome Christmas Week!!!

So awesome talking to all of you! Skyping would have been great but I kind of liked hiding on my end of the phone. Glad you enjoyed talking as much as I did :) Christmas was a lot of fun talking to you all! I miss you all like crazy. I was hoping to see pictures on here from Christmas!! FAIL!! New rule. I don't send pictures if I don't receive pictures from you. If I have to come home to not recognizing people then you will have to have the same with me ;) just saying haha! Love you.  I hate admitting that hearing Bryant's voice brought me to tears. He sounds like dad and it was just a hard reminder of what I'm missing. I loved hearing about everyone's adventures though :) so awesome!

We've spent the Christmas season playing violin and viola for different members and investigators. It has been really fun bringing the joy of Christmas to others :)  We even played in Sacrament Meeting yesterday!  I'm not going to talk about how we did haha. We definitely needed more practice time. That is all.

Giovanni came to church alone on Sunday because Cindy (his wife/member) was sick. So awesome to see how dedicated he is! Interview is tomorrow and baptism on Saturday :) I can't think of a better way to leave my first area. El Dorado has been nothing short of home the past 6 months. I wish I could be here my whole mission but sadly that won't be possible. We don't know when or where I'll be going. I have at least a week but probably not much more than that.

We went to the airport today to pick up Hermana Hubert! She is from Alpine, UT :)  Straight from the snow to Tucson. She says it is hot here. I'm still cold. I think I may be in trouble next year haha! She is so awesome! She served 1 transfer in Peru and then got super sick and had to come home. After a semester of recovery at BYU she is now getting to party it up here! Her dad was President Passey's 2nd to last companion on his mission. Small world! We went out to lunch with them and then did training in our apartment! So glad it was clean. He also liked my President Uchtdorf shirt haha!

This week we are doing Personal Progress with every Young Woman in the branch. We've been really focusing on them lately and how we can help them to grow in their testimonies and help (hopefully all of them) to serve missions one day. I love working with them and it has been such a testimony to me on how Personal Progress has helped me to be where I am now. Love it! Almost done with 2 of my Values ;) check it!

Well, I'll leave it at that! Love you all so much! Hope you had a great week, and I shall talk to you next year! ;)


Hermana Martin 


Sierra's Christmas morning


Apparently it does get cold in Arizona!


Hermana Sutherland, Hermana Hubert, and Sierra - in a trio again!  (for a week anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment