Background

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September 21st - My Double Temple Trip Week!

Things have been going so well here and I couldn't be more excited about the work. I hope that President lets me finish my mission here. That would be the best! Things are going well with Hermana Evans and we are working super hard to try and get the area going strong! We started teaching English class this past Wednesday. I hope this will help us to get more investigators and less actives coming to church. 

On Tuesday we went with our Zone to the Gila Valley Temple and it was so wonderful! It is always such a great experience to be in the temple. Sister Thomas and I had a good talk outside, because she and I will be doing a session again in a short while when we go home. It is slightly comforting to see that I'm not along in this struggle with coming home. I just keep praying for the days to slow down but they never do. 

Mercedes is still doing super well. She was in Douglas this past weekend but we will be seeing her again tonight!

Okay!! Lopez family update! We took them to the church to do a tour this past Friday. On Thursday, Maria accepted a baptismal date for the 24th of October. Her 2 girls did as well, as did her mother! She has been sitting in on the lessons but did not seem to show any interest. Turns out she also wants to be a member of the church! Maria loves the church and loves how family oriented it is. She cried in the chapel and told us that she has never felt this way before. I am so happy for her! She told her brother (super Catholic) this past week that she is meeting with us and being baptized and he said he is going to disown her. She said she didn't care and she hopes that one day, he will come to church with her.  She and her family came to the branch activity on Saturday and had a great time! Her daughter got sick but her other one came to church on Sunday and had a great time. Hope the whole family can come next week!

We dropped a few investigators this past week and we are really working on finding those that the Lord has prepared. We are trying to develop more faith in the work that we do here in Willcox. 

Saturday :) it was one of the best days ever!! Thank you again so much for getting all those names for us to go to the temple. I haven't done baptisms in a year and a half and it was super special to go again. The reason for that was because Melissa came and did it for her first time, only 2 short weeks since she herself was baptized a member of the church. She did the work for some of my ancestors and also that of her great-great-great-great grandmother! There was such a special spirit in there and Melissa absolutely loved it. Carol was also there and we just got to enjoy the special spirit of the temple. She said she wants to go back very soon. 

Melissa also brought her 3 younger step-siblings to church on Sunday and they had a great time! They want to come again :) I hope that they will be able to come! Melissa is so strong and such a great example, not only them but also to us. The Preach My Gospel I ordered for her finally came this past week and she is already marking it up so much haha. She is amazing. 

Well I still have a TON of emails to respond to so I'm calling it there. Enjoy your last week with Laurel :)    I could not be more proud of her and her decision to go on a mission. I wish I could be there on Sunday at her farewell but I know she will do a great job. So happy that there will soon be 2 Hermana Martins in the mission field. Give her a huge hug for me! Love you!!!!


Hermana Martin


Group picture at the temple


Sisters picture (with an Elders photobomb)


Cute companions!


Sierra and Melissa at the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment