Background

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

August 31st - Hermana Garcia is heading to New Mexico

We both figured that Hermana Garcia would be leaving. We got the call while leaving Melissa's home on Saturday evening. Elder O'Sheia called and said that Hermana Garcia would be heading out to New Mexico with Hermana Hubert, who I trained back in El Dorado in January for a while. I then got the news that Hermana Evans would be coming here from El Dorado and she was trained there by Hermana Hubert, meaning she is my granddaughter, haha! I am excited to see what this transfer brings. I have big plans for this area to continue to grow!

Let's see, my week. Monday we took it easy since Hermana Garcia still wasn't 100%. From there we went to work! We had 29 lessons this week with 19 being with investigators (12 members present). We have been working like mad this week, especially trying to make up for last week. 

I don't want to write a novel like I did last week haha. I left a lot of emails unanswered. So, Highlights!

I need to start of course with Melissa :)  She passed her baptismal interview this week and has just been doing fantastic! She is beyond excited for Saturday. She has not been getting great support from many family members and yet she keeps pushing forward and I just wish I could be as amazing as her. She and I had a great talk this morning :) she is doing superb. I don't really need to say much more than that haha!  For Melissa's baptism, we were able to get in contact with Thomas (formerly- Elder Petrungaro) who is currently living near Phoenix and he will be coming down to sing at her baptism! That will be a fun treat for those at the baptism and especially for Melissa. Making that day even more spiritual, if that is possible!

Cynthia and Nena came to church yesterday with their kids! It was Nena's first time to church in over 3 years. She said she just felt right at home and that she had forgotten what that felt like. We are seeing them again on Tuesday. They left church just glowing.
 
Do you remember Liz and Shelby from last week? Well they were in Benson this weekend and couldn't come to church, but we went over and saw their mom on Thursday. She hasn't been to church in who knows how long and really didn't want to. I felt inspired to show her the Mormon Message "The Refiner's Fire." At the end, I just told her that she needed to come to church to get that strengthening power of the Lord. The spirit in that room was unbelievable and in the end she said she would come for Sacrament Meeting. It was wonderful to sit with her in church and have Melissa on the other side of me :)  These people are making so many changes in their lives and I couldn't be happier.
 
We woke up Sunday morning to a note from Sister Bushman saying that Brother Bushman (Sierra lives in their home and loves them like family!) had been flown on to Tuscon by helicopter around 2:45 in the morning. He had blood clots and ended up having a heart attack. We have been very worried about him but some elders in Tucson were able to go up and give him a blessing yesterday and he will be able to come home today!
 
Let's see...other than that I don't think that I have anything to say! Haha! Things are good here and we're expecting another great week coming up! Talk to you again next week!!

Hermana Martin


Rex Allen Museum


Gladys and Emma - "Our Saturday night game buddies!"



No comments:

Post a Comment