Background

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 4th - I'm tired....

So you know how Preparation Day is supposed to be our 'mini day of rest'? Yea, not even. We usually run around crazy trying to finish everything up and in the end are more tired. Well today won't be any different! We went on an 8 (yep, you heard me) mile hike up Bear Canyon to see 7 Falls. It was a really pretty hike! The waterfall was nice. I guess I would call it decent for Arizona haha. The hike was really the great part. Pictures to come!


Okay!! My week.....Monday I went to El Dorado! I tried visiting a handful of people. I got to see Israel and the whole family! He's been going out with the missionaries, blesses the sacrament, and is just doing awesome! The whole family is! I have missed them a lot haha. I also saw Sonia!! She is adorable as ever! We went over to meet Hermana Hubert's new companion Hermana Evans. Sonia is doing good! We have a challenge together though! She is going to quit smoking and in exchange I'm giving up Oreos. Yep! You heard me! I already gave her what little stash of Oreos I had left! I have been going through withdrawals like crazy.... I am really sad without them. I will stay strong though!

The Medina family took us out to dinner :) it was awesome!! I have missed them SO MUCH! Their family is so amazing and I just love them to death. They went to California recently and brought me back 3 shirts! 2 are minion shirts! I wear them all the time! The 3rd is a California/Disney shirt that I wore to the Farmers Market this past week. It is absolutely amazing to how strong they still are and their faith is never wavering. I love them with all my heart! I hope I get to see them again soon.

Oh, I did actually see them a few days after that! My dear Sammy (Samantha was the Young Woman who got to serve for a week with Sierra when they were short a companion for her) got her mission call! Mexico City South Mission! Yea we were so excited! She doesn't leave until September 16th though! She probably missed the wave of high schoolers putting in their calls and the college students. Glad we get to keep her for a bit longer though :P she also got a letter from President Uchtdorf, whom she wrote the week prior. It was super cool!

We had Stake Conference this past weekend and it was amazing! Saturday evening was super powerful! Sister Passey talked about the preparation needed for the mission field. I'll be sending a write-up of my notes to Laurel haha. She talked about the transfer week though and changed my perspective completely. She talked about picking up the brand new missionaries and how they bear such sweet testimony on Monday night. Then Tuesday they are sent out and they gather the concluding missionaries and take them to the temple. Tuesday night, they also bear testimony before their travel home the next day. She said, "The difference between Monday night and Tuesday night is a miracle." That really hit me. I never thought about the difference that they get to see as our mission president and wife. I was the first missionary they met and I'll be their first missionary to send home (that they've seen start to finish). It was really amazing.
Aide (investigator) came to Stake Conference! We're seeing her tonight to see how she liked it. Also Hermana Munoz came and others! We've been seeing Hermana Victoria a lot still and we just love her! She is determined as ever to read in the Book of Mormon. She is a sweetheart. We are hoping to find something special to do for her for Mother's Day :)
I forgot to mention this, but Andrew (ward missionary) left back to Argentina last week! Yea! Really excited for him that he is back serving there!
So this week has been a first for trying some new food! Menudo was one!  Other missionaries are shocked I've been out almost a year and have now just tried it. I liked it minus the meat, which is cow intestines. The rest is really good! Just a little too chewy meat for me haha. At the Wright's home I got to try chicken feet and gizzard! I didn't mind gizzard but chicken feet was....something special haha! An experience I'll never forget. I would say that I am no longer a picky eater. The mission has definitely changed me in that perspective!

Love you!! That was long haha and now I don't have a lot of time to email the mission president. Fail. Love you! Talk to you on Sunday!!!!!!!

Hermana Martin


Sierra's dinner of chicken feet


Samantha's mission call opening


Seven Falls Hike


No comments:

Post a Comment