Background

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 28th - We're staying together! Transfer #3 in El Rio :)

Yay! For the first time since being trained by Hermana Ramos I'm going to have a companion for a full 2 transfers! It is a miracle really. I'm super excited. Not that I don't just love always switching companions, but being on my 11th within 8 transfers has been a little nuts. It is okay though! Also, Hermana Erickson AND Hermana Hubert are training this transfer SO.......I'm a grandma!!! Yea! Double grandma no less haha :D I am so happy for both of them. Hermana Erickson just hit her 8 month mark as well. Also Hermana Blackford and Hermana Sutherland go home tomorrow. I can't even believe it. Lots of things are changing.

Okay! So I am awesome and forgot my planner. I'm going to try and write all about the best stuff of this week without my little remember sheet.

Both sets of elders in our branch had a baptism this past Friday! It was so cool to get to help. I went into the back to help Alma after she was baptized. She was just glowing! I wrapped her in her towel and she just hugged me and couldn't stop crying. She said she has never been happier! Mario (who is actually blind) was also baptized. 

Saturday we went out to a baptism in El Dorado. It was someone I never taught, but we support each other with baptisms. The members there were not sure what to think when they saw me haha!! It was so cool!! I loved seeing them all again! It felt like going home really. El Dorado still has my heart haha. We are actually going out to El Dorado again today to have dinner with the Medina family :D I love them so much :) and then we'll go out again later when Sam gets her mission call. I can't get enough of that place. I just wanna move there after the mission.

I also went and saw Maria Garsia before she moved to Phoenix this past weekend. She told the hermanas there to call me and have me come to say goodbye to her. Love her so much and when we come down to visit we'll need to make a drop by to Phoenix to see her. I don't know if I told you this, but she has gone already to do baptisms and even had the work done for her husband :) I love her so much! She can't wait to go and get her endowments in December. 

What else what else....oh! Okay the miracle I was telling Hayley. So we had a great District Meeting this past week by Elder Ferguson. He was my District Leader when I first started the mission. We talked about listening to inspiration. Well after leaving an appointment I felt strongly that we should go see Danna. I figured she would still be in school but I listened. We showed up, not there. I got in the car kind of defeated. "Last time I try that!" I went to call someone and a young woman came out of her house waving her arms. She asked, "Are you Mormons?!" Why yes, yes we are! Turns out she lived in South Jordan with a family who adopts a lot of special needs kids. I got the name from her and wrote it down. See 2nd paragraph....I need to remember that darn planner. She lived here for 9 months and we just had a great conversation with her! Camille moved here 3 days prior to this and said she didn't know how to contact our church but she wanted to come back and had wanted to be baptized. Moral of the story, follow those small promptings! 

5 new investigators from this past week, 19 less active lessons, and Ixerida's daughter told us last night that she got her answer and she wants to get baptized. So many great things going on here! Could not be more excited!

Love you all so much! Miss you like crazy! Can't believe today marks 11 months since I've seen your cute faces. Love you all and I'll talk to you very soon!


Hermana Martin


Sierra with Maria Garsia


The college where Sierra e-mails home

No comments:

Post a Comment