Background

Monday, March 16, 2015

March 9th - Las Adventuras de Hermana Martin y Hermana Dominguez en El Rio!!

This upcoming week is the last of the transfer so next week I'll be online on a Tuesday. I don't know if Hermana Dominguez and I will be staying together, President didn't give me any hints with our interviews this past week. Normally he gives me something. He did say he will have to move a lot of Spanish missionaries into English because SLC keeps sending more Spanish than we have spots for. I think he saw the panic on my face and said that I will be remaining in Spanish for a long time. Yay :) I hope that isn't because he is worried about my Spanish and he knows I'll lose it in English....hmm...

Anyways, this week! Where to start. Oh, I ate a fish eye. Yep! I got dared. You know me...we were eating with la familia Reyes and she made this awesome fish that...I can't remember the name of it....it comes from Mexico (Pictures to come) and it was way good! And yea, somehow I got dared to eat the eye. I got a video don't worry. It was pretty weird haha.

Our neighbor's cat wandered into our apartment this past week! Super fun haha! Her name is Maui and she only has 1 eye. We had an awesome conversation with our neighbor where she said that she's avoided the missionaries ever since one of the sisters threw rocks at her cat because she kept trying to get by them while they were outside studying. We were SO grateful for the opportunity to help her change her views on missionaries. It was a lot of fun :)

Danna came to church yesterday! Diana Cruz gave her a ride :) she hasn't been to our church in months. So awesome to see her there. 

After dinner yesterday, we had an AMAZING miracle :) we were heading over to see our new investigator John who has been reading the Book of Mormon and believes it is true. On the way there, I just kept getting this feeling (yay for the Spirit). I told Hermana Dominguez, "Is it bad of me if I don't feel good about seeing John? I think we need to go see (a less active family we see)." She said, "Nope, you follow that prompting." So we went over and the parents weren't home, only the kids and their babysitter. You wouldn't believe it though, the baby sitter was a potential 16 year old who we have been texting and trying to go and see! She doesn't live super close to there and we had NO IDEA that they were even friends. We had an amazing lesson on Prayer and The Holy Ghost (I had us do an impromptu scavenger hunt for rocks so we could make prayer rocks) and in the end we set up a return appointment to see Melissa and the family. The spirit in that room was so strong and it was seriously one of my favorite lessons that I've ever had as a missionary. Following the Spirit really does lead to miracles!

I finished the Book of Mormon this morning for the Book of Mormon Challenge given by President Passey last December. As I read the last chapter I just couldn't believe that I was already just about done! I loved then flipping through the book and finding how much the hand of the Lord not only was in their lives but also in mine. To finish my email I want to share one that I loved:

Alma 17: 9 ".....they fasted much and prayed much that the Lord would grant unto them a portion of his Spirit to go with them, and abide with them, that they might be an instrument in the hands of God to bring, if it were possible, their brethren, the Lamanites, to the knowledge of the truth."

Love you all! The church is true. Talk to you soon!!

Hermana Martin


PS - wow that is a long email!!! 10 points for me!



Hermana Martin and Hermana Dominguez


Yep, I guess this is the fish eye she ate.  Ugh.


Maui the cat that wandered in for a visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment