Background

Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 6th - : Hey!! Awesome Conference Weekend!!

I figured ya'll would be at the cabin during conference! My mind turned to you at the end of the closing prayer for the first session of conference when he prayed for the missionaries and for their families. Miss you all like crazy. At the same time, can't believe how fast 4 months has flown. How is it October?!
Hermana Magallanes is a strong missionary. I'm working way harder than I did the last 2 transfers. It is really nice though :) 
Where to start!!! Probably the beginning...
Maria has a baptismal date!!! She is about 70 and is on dialysis and just the sweetest lady. This past Wednesday she accepted a baptismal date and will be baptized November 1st! She was in the hospital this past weekend so she couldn't make it to Conference. Last night, after she was released, Hermano Medina and Hermano Minch came over and gave her a blessing. It was amazing!! Can't wait for her to keep learning!
Israel came to the first session of Conference. He was going to have to umpire a softball game but one of the teams had 5 LDS girls who all decided to go to Conference instead. Because of their faith and example they answered my prayers so that he could come to a session of Conference. Young Women of the church are certainly rising up!
We watched Conference in English but slipped out to watch the first talk in Spanish ever in General Conference. You should have seen our members' faces watching Conference in their native language. They we beaming!! Definitely an experience I will always remember :)
The last session of Conference as we were heading inside, I saw a face that (apparently, don't remember this) made me jump up and down like a 5 year old on Christmas and start running. Our neighbor Sonia, who has been inactive since high school, who hasn't seen a Conference since then, who we talk to almost every night about church, who we had invited to Conference (who I did not think would come) was standing there smiling at me. I ran to her and gave her the biggest hug I may have given in my life. She said she's never seen ANYONE that excited to see her in her life. She had watched the first session at home and she said, "President Eyring was talking to everyone, but I truly felt like he was talking only to me." We are now going to start doing scripture study with her. Our consistent inviting has brought her to feel the spirit for the first time in nearly a decade.
Last night, while planning for today, we got a text from Luis. We contacted him nearly 2 weeks ago and have since been unable to find him at home. He texted us last night and asked when we could come. He even gave us the code for the apartment complex where he lives. Absolutely a miracle :) we will be seeing him and his family tomorrow.

Could not be happier!! All is well here :) I hope to hear from everyone soon!!

Hermana Martin


Sierra and other sister missionaries at the General Women's Broadcast


"Remember the puppies? (Aug. 11 post)  They're not puppies any more!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment