Background

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 3rd - "First Female LDS Missionaries in Willcox in more than 15 years"

Hello my amazing family :)

I'm glad to hear that you were already able to see the article that was put in the Range News here about the missionaries here in Willcox! Sister Bushman came up with the idea and then she and Brother Bushman talked to Ainslee who works there and she said it was okay! I wrote the article and we roped the elders to come with us there for the picture haha. It is funny to hear all the members tell us that they saw the article. If they all saw it, then how many others did?   :)   Really hope we are able to open some doors because of this fun finding idea! Now I can say I'm a published writer ;) only kidding haha, but this really was a fun experience for the missionaries here.

When I got Grandma's letter last week and she told me that Gage was getting baptized on the 1st I was so happy for him :) love all my cousins. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. I hope that he got the letter that I wrote for him on time!

Sunday was awesome :)  One of our investigator families came to church! This was for English. They had a good time and the Romney family invited them to dinner on Saturday with us! Everyone was so welcoming to them. We have a great ward here.
Hermana Tapia gave the class in Relief Society! At one point we were talking about visiting teachers and she brought up how her rescuers were the sister missionaries :)  She also talked about it in sacrament meeting. Oh I just cried, both times. I love her so much and she has such a beautiful testimony. I cannot wait to see all that she accomplishes! She is such a strength to her family and the branch.

I was able to meet one of my cousin Zac's friends this past week. Her name is Iza! She came to the Spanish branch today and gave her testimony for the first time in Spanish. She is moving up to Tucson to where El Dorado is at. She wants to go to the Singles Ward but I told her if she wants, there is an AMAZING Spanish branch there! Shout out to El Dorado! Miss you!!!

Mom I got your package!! You are the best :)  The stamps, sweets and makeup are much appreciated haha! Now I can send letters! Oh...but first I'll need to write them. Haha, but on the bright side I’m just a few days shy of catching up completely on my journaling! Yea I failed really bad the past few weeks, but we have a challenge as a District to write every day so that has given me great motivation. 

Love you all like crazy!! Miss you  :D  Talk to you soon!!

Hermana Martin

PS Do you know where the phrase "Return with Honor" comes from? Sister Stuart (who recently returned home) showed me where! Ensign, July 1994:


Robert learned an important principle while serving in the air force.  Each unit in the squadron had a motto that had been chosen to inspire the pilots in their efforts. Our unit motto (displayed on the side of our aircraft) was ˜Return with Honor,” says Elder Hales.  This motto was a constant reminder to us of our determination to return to our home base with honor after we had expended all of our efforts to successfully complete every aspect of our mission. This motto has served as a reminder of the importance of honesty and integrity in his personal and professional life.  As a father, he put his arms around each of his two sons before they left to serve their missions—Stephen to England and David to Germany--and whispered, “Return with honor.”  He still refers to this motto today.


Holding a member's baby chicks.



The article that Sierra wrote for the local paper in Willcox!
(There's a link to the article online on an earlier post on Sierra's page)


One of Sierra's favorite quotes of the week


Looking cool driving through the desert

No comments:

Post a Comment