Background

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 28th - The LBT and other such adventures from Willcox!

We went up to the LBT (Large Binocular Telescope) and 2 other telescopes this past P Day which was pretty cool minus the fact that we were there forever haha. But this is why I'm on today doing emailing and not yesterday. I woke up at 5am yesterday to do laundry and clean and write a few letters. We left at 7:30 and didn't get back until 6:45. We had 2 appointments last night and we grabbed a few groceries in between the appointments. Quite the day haha. I learned a lot of really cool things though. The 2 tour guides were both members and they connected everything to the Book of Moses and other scriptures talking about the workings of God, which was super cool. To know Science is to know God. One of the telescopes up there is call The Vatican and yes, it is owned by the Catholic Church. The Priests there have PhDs and they said that the more they know about the universe, the more they know about God. Sounds like what we believe right?!    http://www.lbto.org/

We helped out at a Basketball Camp this whole past week that Brother Douglas was running. It was a lot of fun and we got to meet a lot of really cool people! I've gotten a lot better at Basketball since coming here to Willcox but I think I will still never been good haha. Hermana Adams would be so disappointed.   :P

We had a Relief Society activity this past week where Hermana Garcia taught everyone how to knit. It was a lot of fun! I learned how to do a basic chain knot but then ended up talking to people the rest of the time. Sounds like me right? Haha I can't sit still for very long. 

On Thursday we had dinner with the Whittenbrakers. They live WAY out in the middle of farm country. About an hour drive from Willcox. About 5 minutes away from their house I look down and the gas light came on. There is no gas station between here and where they live. Fetch....BUT they work on a farm and were able to help us out! That could have been so bad haha. They are such a sweet family, I like them a lot!

Last Monday while buying groceries, a sister from 1st Ward bought our groceries for us :) and then when we were buying supplies to make food for Sister Rios' birthday Bishop Chaffey was there and he bought the food. Seriously we have been so blessed! I feel like everyone here really looks out for the missionaries. The elders said they've been to Subway twice this past week and members paid both times. Willcox is great :) 

Love you all much! I will talk to you soon!  Bye!


Hermana Martin


P-day field trip to the observatories


Scenic drive up the mountain


Sierra's basketball certificate - "I never played basketball; 
Oh look, I just made a 3-pointer!"


Our District before Elder Howard left :( they made us tree flowers haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment