Background

Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 6th - Happy 4th of July!!

Hola hola! It has been a fun week and we've been able to stay pretty busy!  It got kinda dead close to the weekend because everyone was so busy with the 4th of July. There were fireworks for a little bit but then it started to rain. We had a good time with the package that you sent mom! We had glow stick wars!! You have 3 lives and you throw the glow sticks at each other. Yes, we know how to use toys properly haha. Thanks for the entertainment!!!

On the 4th the elders had a baptism. We helped A LOT haha! I made brownies and bought cookies, learned a few songs the day of to play at the baptism, and we also gave the missionary moment! We were asked about 10 minutes before hand and we couldn't practice because I had to play piano. The elders only had a day notice of the baptism change though which was hard, but it all came together super well! The Burrolas from El Dorado are friends of the family and they were there!! Super cool to see them again :)

Let's see....we had 7 less actives at church yesterday!! And 2 investigators :D  We are super excited for them! The Tapias came to church to hear our special musical number. With the baptism and everything it didn't end up so bad! I really want to get back into the piano when I get home when I have time to practice haha. There is a member of the branch who I'm going to start teaching how to play this week. Reminds me of when I was teaching Sam how to play :)  Those were the days!

So our investigator Ramond said that if we are going to teach him about Jesus then he gets to teach us how to box. SO we went to the boxing gym this past week! The next day I really couldn't feel my arms haha. The boxing coach there says I have great potential. We had to hit the punching bag for one drill as many times as we could in a minute and I got 241! He said that's better than his current student so...mom, I'm going to drop out of college and go into boxing. Thoughts? Haha.  COMPLETELY kidding. But it is good exercise for the moment!

We've been working hard and seeing miracles! The area is going great and Hermana Garcia and I are doing really well :) thanks for all your love and support!

I was really sad to hear about President Packer's passing, but glad to hear that he finally getting to rest! All I could think about was his awesome poem from Conference a few years back:   https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/these-things-i-know?lang=eng
He will be greatly missed!

Love you all so much!! Talk to you next week! Have a fantastic time on Trek :) take lots of pictures!!

Hermana Martin


PS a new favorite I discovered this morning while reading a book about President Monson that I received from Hermano Robles in El Rio.  Peter 3:15


Trying on Sister Dorsey's heels. We decided I walked like a new born giraffe haha!!


Found a dead mouse and the elders had to come and save us haha!


Found a baby cardinal with a hurt wing. We saved him and
 gave him to a member to take care of him.


This is Sierra, Virginia named her after me haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment