Background

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 8th - Hermana Erickson leaves for Panama Tomorrow!! :(

Yea, we are all happy that she finally gets to go to her mission, it is just sad that it is before the end of transfers. There are no other trios in the mission so, as you've already found out family, Samantha is going to be my companion! She just started her mission papers and actually had been praying last week for patience in waiting for when she is 19 to leave on her mission. I guess the Lord really loves her and gave her an opportunity to be a real missionary for a week :D   We are going to have so much fun!  We had interviews with President Passey on Sunday and he said that since Samantha is a member, I have to drive. He knows I can drive with my left foot.  He just said, "I don't want to know. All I'm saying is be safe and you are the driver."  Wahoo!!

We had our Spanish Mission Conference this past Wednesday. It is something President is starting to help the Spanish Missionaries to be better at using Spanish! Brilliant! At the beginning he asked 3 people to bear their testimony in Spanish. Elder Joj (from Guatemala-aka speaks Spanish), Me (yay), and Sister Passey. I thought I was safe because of crutches. Nope!  It was such a wonderful experience though and I got many compliments on my Spanish :D  not doing so bad!

This week will be BUSY!! 3 baptisms, packing up Hermana Erickson, seeing my foot surgeon again, etc. Oh man, keep me in your prayers!  And in your letters!   I now know how Hma Ramos felt with me. Greenies get so much mail and packages haha! Spoiled ;) I will miss Hma Erickson and our many wonderful adventures. Panama is really lucky!

Christmas Devotional was awesome! Minus Elder Christofferson's talk.  I just cried my eyes out! That was such an amazing story of a loving stake :)   Also President Eyring mentioning the sister missionaries made me think of you because I knew you were thinking of me. Yea, kind of roundabout way but I miss you so much :) especially during the Holiday Season. It is hard! But I am so glad I am here serving :)

Have a fantastic week!! Love you all so much!!

Hermana Martin



Hma. Erickson, Sister Burrola, and Sierra



Sierra with the Romero girls

No comments:

Post a Comment