Background

Thursday, November 13, 2014

November 12th - Hello hello!!

We didn't hear from Sierra until Wednesday this week.  Monday was transfers and Tuesday was Veteran’s Day so the library was closed.

This has been a crazy busy week and I've been loving every single minute of it! Never getting a break but I like it that way! We've seen a lot of miracles with us working so hard and I'm so grateful that I'm in a place where I can expect miracles.

We had 5 investigators at church this past week. Yea, I couldn't believe it either! The members bore the most amazing testimonies for them and told them how they came to know the church was true. Best. Branch. Ever!!! Israel also got the priesthood this past Sunday. I am so happy here. My prayers were answered and I've been given another transfer in El Dorado. We were thinking I might get transferred but thankfully that wasn't the case.

Hermana Mags is home in Utah right now. Really weird to think about!! So grateful for her support and advice and I will always treasure the help that she has given me. I love her so much and we are both missing her like crazy. We are a duo now and we are still expecting miracles and loving Tucson!!

I finished the Book of Mormon this morning :) such a special experience and I am currently working on it in English. I love my personal studies and love how they've changed over the past few months.

Still in the 80’s in Tucson. Wahoo!! No arthritis for me! I am pretty special I might say haha. Love my calling here.

That is about it! Really late email haha but with Veterans Day and Transfers it just worked this way. Hope to hear from you all soon!!

Hermana Martin

A funny story from her letter earlier this week (translated from Spanish):
On Saturday, we had the Festival of Hope.  It is for homeless people.  We were helping with the clothing.  At the end, after 4 hours on our feet, we cleaned up.  Hma. Magallanes found a green shirt that said, "Stop It" and it had President Uchtdorf's face on it.  So funny!  Now, it is hanging in our kitchen to help us stop snacking.  It's not working.     
P.S.- I need more Oreos.

Another experience from her letter:  
(on exchanges with Hermana Gregory)  I kept bugging her all day that we should go see a less active.  No, I didn't just do this to get out of knocking.  Eventually we sat down and looked at the ward list.  Last page - La familia Wood (the Wood family).  She had never heard that name, so we went!  We knocked and a girl about our age opened, smiled, and hurried and stepped out closing the door behind her (parents are hard-core Baptists).  She is starting to see an RM.  She went and saw the Phoenix and Mesa temples, is reading the Book of Mormon, and watched a video on mormon.org this past week on Joseph Smith.  She said she cried, feeling like he was in the exact same situation as her.  She has been trying to figure out how to find missionaries.  Enter us :)   Amber will soon begin taking the lessons from the English elders in her area.  It was a reminder to me that in the moment, we may not be able to see the promptings of the Holy Ghost, but after we can if we listened.  Amber said she knows God loves her because we showed up.  I made a comment at the end, "See you at your baptism!"  and she said, "Perfect!  See you there!"   This is why I'm a missionary.  I love what I do.  Who else gets to do this for a year and a half!   Love love love love.


The trio!




                                                                                       

          










                                                                             Heaven's Angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment