Background

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 5th - Conference weekend!

Hello my wonderful family!!

It has been another great week here in Willcox! We had over 30 lessons again and we are nearly done with putting all the former investigator information in the iPads. That has been quite the challenge haha. But we are almost there! This is the last week of the transfers. I can't tell what will happen. I only have one more transfer and President Passey's email wasn't terribly comforting. If I get transferred out for my last, I do not know what I will do.

Maria and her family are all doing fantastic! They walked to the church for conference because their car had a flat tire. She did that with a 1 year old and an 8 and 9 year old. She is amazing and her faith is such an example to me. We do split lessons with her, where we have a Spanish member and one of us teach Maria and her mom while the other teaches the girls with an English member. It has been good for all of them! I watched Conference with them in Spanish while Evans watched it with a member in English. So fun!

Rex Allen Days was this past week which made it nearly impossible to find anyone. But it was fun! We went by the carnival between sessions. Hermana Evans and I got matching bracelets, foot long corn dogs, fries, and I also got a few things for you guys :) I need to bring you back something haha!! So that was good to find a few things. We met some members from Phoenix and had a great time talking with them. They were so inspiring and make me want to make these last few weeks in the mission my best!!!!

Conference was wonderful as usual! Minus the fact that the time for sisters to serve didn't change....I was honestly praying so bad for that. That was my last chance. I just knew that Elder Gary E. Stevenson would be called. He has always been one of my favorites and he was my only guess. I felt so inspired from conference and I am also excited to start "Ponderizing"!  My first one that I have chosen is Mosiah 16:9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.   I am excited! Wish I had started this at the beginning of my mission.

So excited that Melissa wants to move up to Utah! That will make going home a little less difficult, I will just take her with me haha! But she is doing fantastic :) she will be a great missionary.

Great to hear from you! Miss you like crazy!!!!


Hermana Marti­n


Footlong corndogs at Rex Allen Days


Matching bracelets


Helping Virginia decorate


Cute companions!

No comments:

Post a Comment