Background

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 16th - Crazy weekend in my lovely town of Willcox!

Friday the 13th did bring its bad luck but now that we survived the weekend we can laugh about it. We got a call from our vehicle coordinator saying that she would be there in about 2 hours to inspect our vehicle. Well, we were about to leave for service so we quickly did a clean-up since we cleaned it Monday and went to get a car wash. We got to service at the Rex Allen Museum right on time! Then we got a call from Hermano Cuevas saying that some things got messed up for talks on Sunday and he asked us to speak. Oh man, and we were still working on our talks for the English ward because we were asked a few weeks ago to speak. THEN later in the day, 1st Ward Relief Society (no, we do not cover their ward) asked if we could come and TEACH their lesson on Missionary Work. 2 talks, 1 Relief Society lesson, and then we also were asked to come and teach in Young Women's. Needless to say that it was a CRAZY weekend but all went so well! Brother Bushman, Melissa and Tiffany spoke with us in the English Ward and it went so well! They were such troopers to help us out.

So once upon a time I caught up on journaling this past week for the first time since September!! Little wins :D But I have really been so good at journaling and letter writing. I hope to keep up on writing a journal when I get home. Mind you, I doubt I will do it every single day.

I had my last exchanges this past week and I was with Sister Harrington. She came out in the mission with me but because she is English, she doesn't go home until January. After exchanges we had interviews with President. I didn't talk to him for very long because he said he'll save it for our final interview. He did ask Hermana Evans, "Does she even know that she is going home?" Haha that made me laugh.

But really though, everyone keeps asking, "So when do you go home again?" "How do you feel?" "Are you just so excited?!" I feel like I have a band-aid being slowly ripped off. It reminds me of how I felt when I was first coming on the mission. I just wanted it to be ripped off quickly yet at the same time I didn't want it to come. It is killing me the idea of leaving, but I know that there is nothing that I can do to keep it from happening. So, I am enjoying every minute. Yet at the same time, I am very excited to see you all again next week. It doesn't feel real, and I don't believe it will until that plane lands and I see your faces, but I wanted you all to know that I am looking forward to seeing you again. The support that you've given me over the past year and a half has made a world of difference and I love you so much for that. 

Well, I'll send off one more email next week! Love you all like crazy. I'm running to the finish line and I am at a dead sprint. Talk to you soon!


Hermana Martin


Lots of random pictures with families (and missionaries) this week!







No comments:

Post a Comment